Discover through this interesting article, everything related to types of gardens, specifically the creation of a home garden and its importance.
Definition of Orchards
They are small spaces, dedicated especially to the cultivation of vegetables, fruits and vegetables, for their consumption. This is a new agricultural practice, which is transferred to urban life, in order to obtain a fresher and healthier harvest, ecological and less expensive.
Types of orchards
Over time, this practice has become a trend and has diversified, taking into account the space and its purpose. Among the main orchards you find:
They are responsible for harvesting various foods, intended for domestic use and are developed in open or internal spaces. It is divided into 2 types:
- Urban garden for profit: The owners of the land where these gardens are developed are in charge of harvesting and selling these products to restaurants, grocery stores, families and the general public.
- Urban garden for rent or leisure: They are based on the rental of plots on private land, in order to harvest and then sell these products for domestic consumption.
Home or family gardens
They are established inside houses and apartments, in pots, balconies, terraces or in vertical crops, distributed on the walls.
Public leisure gardens
They are characterized by the fact that the government rents plots on public land for the development of crops, at a lower price than the cost of private land. It seeks to harvest and sell the products, it is also used to educate on agrarian matters.
The government gives up plots on public land for the development of crops. With these gardens, not only is it cultivated but also part of the excluded society is activated, such as the elderly, the unemployed, among others.
They are carried out in open or internal spaces, and serve to educate on environmental and agrarian matters and complete the school curriculum.
They directly contribute to the psychological and emotional recovery of patients, together with their recreation.
They are used both in homes and restaurants, both for harvesting and to improve the decoration of spaces, thus causing a better visual impact.
Creating a Home Garden
Once you decide to make your garden at home, you must take into account certain keys for its conditioning such as:
- The choice of the place, preferably in illuminated places.
- The choice of what you are going to sow (vegetables, fruits or vegetables), to know how to condition the soil.
- Irrigation. Depending on the dimensions of the garden, you must install an irrigation system. If it is inside your house, you do it yourself. It is conditioned to the seasons of the year.
- The choice of substrate or fertilizer, this must be ecological and done 2 times a year.
- Control of diseases and pests. You should do frequent monitoring to determine the status of the crop. It is advisable not to resort to the use of pesticides.
Having your own garden at home will provide you with great benefits, such as growing your own food and thus ensuring the health of your family.
However, you should know that to harvest good specimens, you will need to dedicate time and effort to provide your plants with everything they need, so that they can grow large and healthy.
Importance of a Home Garden
It is vital to recognize the positive impact and relevance that these gardens have had in recent years. This evidenced in:
- The reduction of environmental impact by not using pesticides.
- The reduction of the cost of the family basket.
- The direct purchase of food without having to travel to buy it.
- The awareness of the ecological advantage.
- Better nutrition with healthier and fresher food.
- Education in agricultural matters.