The pancreas is an organ in the upper abdomen located beneath the stomach and adjacent to the first portion of the small intestine, called the duodenum. The pancreas is composed of glands that are responsible for a wide variety of tasks.The exocrine glands secrete enzymes into ducts that eventually empty into the duodenum. These enzymes then help in the digestion of food as it moves through the intestines.The exocrine glands secrete enzymes into ducts that eventually empty into the duodenum. These enzymes then help in the digestion of food as it moves through the intestines.The exocrine glands secrete enzymes into ducts that eventually empty into the duodenum. These enzymes then help in the digestion of food as it moves through the intestines.
The glandular functions of the pancreas can be divided into the following 2 categories:
* Exocrine: -The exocrine glands secrete enzymes into ducts that eventually empty into the duodenum. These enzymes then help in the digestion of food as it moves through the intestines.
* Endocrine: - The endocrine glands secrete hormones, including insulin, into the bloodstream. Insulin is carried by the blood throughout the rest of the body to assist in the process of using sugar as an energy source. Insulin also controls the levels of sugar in the blood.
The pancreas can be divided into the following 4 anatomical sections: -
* Head - The rightmost portion that lies adjacent to the duodenum
* Uncinate process - An extension of the head of the pancreas
* Body - The middle portion of the pancreas
* Tail - The leftmost portion of the pancreas that lies adjacent to the spleen
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
The main symptoms of pancreatic cancer include the following: -
* Pain in the abdomen, the back, or both
* Weight loss, often associated with the following: -
o Loss of appetite (anorexia)
o Diarrhea or fatty bowel movements that float in water (steatorrhea)
o Rarely may present with new diabetes in a person with weight loss and nausea
Pancreatic Cancer Causes
The main recognized risk factors for pancreatic cancer include the following:-
* Advanced age
* Male sex - The male-to-female ratio of pancreatic cancer is 1.3:1.
* Chronic pancreatitis - Inflammation of the pancreas, usually from excessive alcohol intake or gallstones
* Diabetes mellitus
* Family history of pancreatic cance
How is cancer of the pancreas treated?
Treatment for pancreatic cancer depends on a number of factors. Among these are the type, size, and extent of the tumor as well as the patient's age and general health. A treatment plan is tailored to fit each patient's needs.The exocrine glands secrete enzymes into ducts that eventually empty into the duodenum. These enzymes then help in the digestion of food as it moves through the intestines.
The extent of cancer can be divided into the following 3 categories: -
* Localized: - The cancer is completely confined within the pancreas.
* Locally advanced: - The cancer has extended from the pancreas to involve nearby blood vessels or organs.
* Metastatic: - The cancer has spread outside the pancreas to other parts of the body.
Please log on to :http://www.cancertreatment-wecareindia.com/treatment/chemo_therapy.html
Please log on to :http://indiahealthtour.com/treatments/cancer-treatment/pancreatic-cancer-treatment-india.html
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pankaj Nagpal - About the Author: Welcome to World Class Treatment and Surgery by We Care Health Services, India. Contact Us : www.indiahospital http://tour.com
|| E-mail us on : email@example.com || Contact Center Tel. :(+91) 9029304141. The surgery and medical treatments offered by We Care Health Services at JCI Accredited / ISO Certified Hospitals are vast and varied; ranging from Heart Surgery in India, Cardiology to Cardio Thoracic surgery, Total Knee / Hip / Ankle / Shoulder Joint Replacement Surgery in India including ACL reconstruction Surgery to Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Surgery in India , Spine Surgery in India like Discectomy / Laminectomy Surgery, Cervical Decompression to Anterior / Posterior Spinal Fusion Surgery in India, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cancer surgery, Sterotactic Radiotherapy, Autologous / Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant Surgery to Breast Cancer treatments, Near relative Kidney Transplant Surgery to Dialysis and Kidney Biopsy, Low Cost Liver Transplants Surgery, Hysterectomy (Vaginal / Abdominal) to Ovarian Cystectomy, Hernia repair Surgery to Cholecystectomy, Advanced Neurosurgery in India, Bariatric surgery, Gastric Bypass Surgery in India, Eye Surgery in India, Cornea Transplant, Cataract Surgery to LASIK Eye care Surgery, IVF, ICSI, Egg Donor to Surrogacy, Minimally Invasive surgery or Laparoscopic Surgery to Cochlear Implants, Breast Lift / Tummy Tuck, Face Lift to Low Cost Rhinoplasty Cosmetic Surgery, multi specialty Hospitals in India offering first world treatments with board certified highly qualified medical consultants in attendance at third world prices..