When selecting a professional garage door company for your needs and budget, you should consider a few things before actually hiring one. Above all, you should do some investigation and find out if your potential garage door technician is professional to begin with. Make sure you validate their credentials. Start by asking for a portfolio of jobs they've previously installed along with client references. Don't pick based on who has the largest ad. Just because you saw their billboard doesn't mean they're successful.
Some of the most important qualities to consider before you choose your next garage door service technician should be these: 1. How long have they been around? 2. Do they sound like they have full time employees or subcontract out all their jobs? 3. Do they skirt around providing references when asked? 4. Do they have a web site where you can search more about their history? 5. Do any of their claims sound too good to be true?
Here's the main things you should consider:
1. How long have they been around?. - If you find out the company or technician has been in business for more than 5 years, then that is a good chance they are a stable company. Many times if a company isn't well run it will fail within the first few years. A company cannot stay in business too long if they have a bad reputation.
2. Do they sound like they have full time employees or subcontract out all their jobs? - Can the company handle every aspect of the project? Or are they handling one part only and contracting out the other? This is normal in a small start up company where business is inconsitent and need the extra resources to fill in. Ask if they are going to work on the entire project alone or if an outside contractor is coming in to help. You must be extremely careful, your guarantee might be daunting to claim if multiple technicians do the job. Find out if you can commit one technician to complete the whole job right from the start.
3. Do they have a record of good references and reviews? - Is the company listed with the Better Business Bureau? Are they listed with Yahoo! and other search engines where customers have been given the ability to leave reviews? We live in a time where reviews are the new way of doing business. It is normal to do business with people that have been referred by friends and family.
5. What comes up when you search their company online? - Do a quick search for the company in Angie's List and see what comes up for their company name. A lot of times you will see both the good and negative reviews of their reputation. This way you can have a better idea who you are dealing with and know better what to ask when you talk with them.
5. Do any of their claims sound too good to be true? - Don't ignore those feelings. Our gut knows even more than we generally trust it to. If you're feeling uneasy every time you think about the service company you're looking into, it may be due to something your subconscious mind is trying to tell you.
With these 5 tips you should be well on your way to hiring the right garage door repair and installation company that is right for you.
Hanson Overhead Garage Door Service is a garage door repair and installation company located in Santa Rosa, California. They offer repair services, garage door opener installation, troubleshooting and all types of garage door related services. http://HansonOverhead.com/SantaRosa/