Greek letters, as a kind of vintage symbols of culture, are very popular with young people groups or fraternity groups to show their individuality. It has been included in fashion designing now. You may have noticed young boys wearing long tops with Greek letters on them.
Here from now on, you can learn how to get these Greek letters onto shirts all by yourselves. Take it fun and you’ll get a unique cool Greek lettered shirt for yourself. And who knows, you may be able to earn some money by selling them as well… Come on and get started!
The shirt you want to have Greek letters on
A thin layout Stencil
Ink in the colors that you would like the letters to be
1. Choose your favorite Greek letters and print these letters. But before printing, save it into an image format, photoshop the image to a reversed version, so that when you apply them to the shirt people will see them in reverse again thus in the right order. Make sure the size of the image is suitable for your shirt.
2. After printing the reversed Greek letters, cut the letters off the paper. Use the paper letters to take a stencil copy and wait them to dry.
3. Use a razor to cut the inside part of the letters to make them hollowed shells. This is the most difficult part of the whole procedure. You need to do it carefully to make sure both the hollowed shells and the cut letters intact.
4. Put the hollowed shells of letters on the shirt. Apply a thick coat of paint using the brush to the exposed patches on the shirt. Do it slowly and slightly to ensure that the ink won’t brim over the patches or make the letters fuzzy.
5. Wait a longer while for the ink to get dry. And then slightly remove the stencils one by one.
Here is your Greek lettered t-shirt!
Tips and warning:
1. You must process steps 4 and 5 really carefully.
First the stencils are the key to make a good t-shirt print.
Second, after you just cut them once, you could put them away and make an iterative use of them, which is why I mentioned you might be able to sell custom shirts. The brushing part is the final and most important step in the whole process. You can ruin your shirt if not doing properly or carefully.
2. After the ink completely dries out, press the shirt with an iron back and forth with a piece of fabric sandwiched in the middle. This is to help the ink get infiltrated into the fabric cells of the shirt.
3. It’s best to wash the lettered t-shirt in cold water. Don’t use wild washing with your washing machine and use gentle wash setting instead. Hand wash is strongly suggested.
If you find the whole DIY procedure is too complicated, which I have to admit yes, and for girls that love shiny style, you can choose a much easier way to get mysterious Greek letter designs for your shirts – to DIY or buy a rhinestone letter iron-on transfer! As we shared in our older articles, you can give these bling fashions a try! Lively and sunny girls are crazy about them!
Cicci is a professional writer. Cicci works in CSTOWN (Official Web: http://www.cstown.com/
). CSTOWN is a well-known, long established corporation in China with a U.S. based customer service office in Las Vegas, Nevada. We have the largest production center of iron on transfer motifs in Northeast China, with over 5000 rhinestone stock designs in our collection, as well as the professional capability of making customized iron on transfer products: http://www.cstown.com/custom-transfers.html
Everyone deserves to shine!