Each student aspires to get a good assured job after they complete their graduation. Students seek for a job which has perks of good salary, security, and booming promotional opportunities. What better than Government jobs to actually satisfy these advantages? As soon as the final year of Graduation turns out, students start preparing for Public Sector jobs. But just a few could make it. So, what could be the real world problems that they might be facing in getting Government jobs?
• The very first one is Competition. The ratio of number of students applying for a specific Government job/post to the number of vacancies available is so unbalanced. The creamier lot gets the job and rest face disappointment.
• Now-a-days the pattern and process involved to be a Government employee has totally changed. Earlier each job had openings and candidates used to conduct their own examinations for credibility testing. But now most of the Public Sector jobs have a combined entrance exam, say GATE. This narrows down the scope of opportunity for many.
• The number of chances that they get to attempt for the jobs remains very less. Not just the prelim stage, this process has drawbacks at next level of selection also. The lack of transparency in interview process also poses great challenge for aspiring candidates to prepare well for the same.
• Another disadvantage that may count in selection process is that it may be time consumption. Starting from Written examination, interview to formalities and paper work, the candidates may have to wait for several months before they could get any confirmation.
• Another important factor is age limit. The maximum age limit that Government jobs have may extend up to 28 years or even more for some posts. This actually is a major challenge for freshers as they lack the years the seniors might have invested in preparation and also the lack of experience might speak for itself during selections.
• Few of the candidates seek for some unfair means to fit themselves into these government designations. They might look up to referral connections within the network or even might try exercising corruption. They tend to buy jobs than to earn it. This helps them to get this opportunity, blocking way for those who deserve the job better.
• The other factor for these fresher graduates to miss out on Government jobs is the lack of practical teachings at Graduation level. The study structure does not provide ample time and opportunities for implementing theories practically.
• Therefore, many of the aspirants lack the skill to actually get through the selection. Sometimes the aspirants are not aware of the opportunities that might help them attain government jobs. If the job openings are not properly publicized/ advertized, some of the candidates might miss the opportunity.
• Apart from this, there are some miscellaneous factors that pose difficulties for graduates in getting government jobs like lack of guidance, blindly following other students, not doing proper homework about job etc. But what can overcome these difficulties is the passion for getting government job. Like Mr Abdul Kalam had said,“Dream is not that you see in sleep. Dream is something that does not let you sleep.”
Best of Luck..!
I am also professional blogger since 2012 and content writer for My Travel. My new article is about Government Jobs
and Bank Jobs