LinkedIn is one of the oldest and most valuable social networks having over 414 million members in the 4th quarter of 2015. LinkedIn as a business-oriented social networking site serves as a resume holder connecting people to the business world. It is one of the best places that provide B2B leads and opportunities. It is important that you must take the time to optimize your LinkedIn profile.
Here are things that you must have to optimize your LinkedIn Profile:
1. Customize your LinkedIn URL – Instead of having your profile’s URL in a series of numbers customize it to fit in your name or your identity. This way you will give a much positive impression and solidify your name for your visitors. LinkedIn also has a function tabs for profile customization where you can control how you appear when people search for you.
2. Upload a Professional Photo – One of the first things people recognize when it comes to networking sites is your photo. It is important you portray a professional image towards your visitors.
3. Optimize Your Headlines – Some mistakes used by many LinkedIn users is using a job title as their headline. Instead, you must use an optimized keyword string of your particular niche, industry or specialty. This technique is preferred because LinkedIn enables the use of keywords and geo-targeting capability in searching contacts and potential vendors. Remember that your headline can significantly help you show up in the first search engine results page of your niche.
Here are some example profiles that do this effectively:
Bambi Weavil - https://www.linkedin.com/in/bambiweavil
Maggie Mistal - https://www.linkedin.com/in/maggiemistal
Josh Turner - https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshbturne
Patricia Haddock - https://www.linkedin.com/in/patriciahaddock
4. Optimize Your Profile – Your profile will tell more about yourself and your capability regarding work and business. LinkedIn allows you to do and present yourself well as it now showcases videos, SlideShare presentations, and other supporting documents. You can also add your professional achievements such as awards, projects, certifications and more. Note that you should use valuable keywords strings that best represent you skills’ niche. You can also add your involvement in the non-profit community as well for a more well-rounded profile.
5. Update Regularly – After preparing a well-organized and optimized profile, you should update LinkedIn on a regular basis. Engage in discussions, accept and add contacts that are beneficial to your goals, and make your profile alive. You can also join LinkedIn groups and respond to updates posted in your network.
Contribute regular posts on LinkedIn will also help you be viewed as an expert in your field. This will tell your prospective clients or contacts that you are a credible individual or company. Conversations are very vital to your success where you are creating engagement about subjects that matter to your customer from your expertise.
You can be part of a pool of professionals and business associates in joining the over 414 million network members of LinkedIn. From that point, there are other beneficial facts you can gain as you create your LinkedIn profile.
As you create a LinkedIn account, you are already creating a good first impression.
Today’s trends push people to innovate and be always up to changes and challenges. By creating a LinkedIn profile, you are telling your future employers and business associates that you are a well-rounded, capable and able to adopt what is new and valuable.
When you join LinkedIn today, you are providing the chance to be found by your future employers effectively.
Many, if not all of the companies nowadays have social accounts, and are socially networked. Like most buyers, employers search reviews and references about a particular prospect hire before they will contact you.
As you set up a LinkedIn account, you are widening your network.
There are wide variations and benefits you can acquire from creating a LinkedIn profile. You can be involved in forums and join professional groups to share ideas. It can get you ahead of your competitors concerning obtaining the latest news and updates in regards to business and company vacancies. If you are a small business owner, it is a great chance to network and grow your peer group.
However, it is not enough to just create a LinkedIn profile and leave it there. You have to work on your profile and develop it to attract visitors and contacts. Optimize your profile in accordance to your niche to attract who you would like to network with. Have a professional photo as your profile picture. Your photo is one of the first things a visitor notices in your profile, aside from your headline. Don’t forget to fill out as much of the profile as you can to take full advantage for search engine optimization.
The best LinkedIn profiles should be competent with the associated details. If you have a LinkedIn profile, do not waste it, but instead, expend whatever you can benefit out of it. Prepare your profile and utilize everything that LinkedIn has to offer.
Do you need an adviser, a developer, an implementer, or a leader to compete in our fast-paced technological world? Bambi Weavil brings more than ten years of her experience as she leads companies and non-profits to implement strategic communications and growth in cause-related and social media marketing campaigns. Her passion and expertise have raised awareness and visibility that transformed many brands and helped them satisfy their customer’s greatest needs and desires. Bambi has managed freelancers and writers all over the world and is proficient at building, managing and motivating teams nationwide and internationally. She also has produced fund-raising events and has successfully built relationships with many high-profile partners and sponsors. When you need a brand elevation and a unique content creation, Bambi Weavil loves to offer straight-forward, all-in-one marketing resolutions to help you reach your business goals in the fastest way possible. Check Bambi’s website at http://bambiweavil.com
and know what else she can do for you and your brand!