In an increasing IT world, professional certification guarantees that project managers are ready to meet the demands of projects across the globe. Project management has turned out to be more sought-after and more valuable as other top level credentials. It generally involves the area of planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources to achieve specific project target.
PMI is globally recognized project management certification, encouraging the professionals to start practicing project management as a career. It uses several industry related best practices such A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide). It provides individuals with a valuable certification, few of them are listed below.
• CAPM: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification is a most valuable credential that shows commitment towards the professionalism of project management. It ensures that most individuals have the essential fundamental expertise about the project management.
• PMP: Project Management Professional (PMP) immensely popular and extensively pursued and this certification demonstrates a strong foundation of experience and proficiency in effectively managing the projects and project teams.
• PMI_ACP: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) provides an opportunity to illustrate your understanding of Agile practices and expertise in agile tools and techniques for the individuals working in an agile environment.
• PMI-RMP: Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) is a solution to the increasing growth and demand for managing the complex projects. It minimizes the risks occurred in the project and decreases the threats by identifying and assessing them.
Agile has transformed the face of software development and project management with the increased demand for IT professionals with knowledge of the methodology. Taking Agile certification enables agile professionals apprehend the certification that makes the more significance for professional growth and career advancement. Certification from scrum alliance, scrum.org that implements the agile framework used in the software development.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Certified Scrum Professional, Certified Scrum Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer are provided by the Scrum Alliance company. Certification provided by Scrum.org is Professional Scrum Foundation, Professional Scrum Product Owner and Professional Scrum Master.
PRINCE2 stands for Projects IN Controlled Environments 2. It is extensively used methodology that is flexible and adaptable such that it gives guidance in managing the project of any size or complexity. The methodology includes the management, control and organization of a project. The PRINCE2 qualification consists of two certifications that is Foundation and Practitioner.
PRINCE2 Foundation: The aim of PRINCE2 Foundation is to make sure that an individual has required knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology which will work effectively in a project management team. PRINCE2 Practitioner: The aim of PRINCE2 Practitioner is to confirm that you have accomplished enough knowledge of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a project sequence. Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner: This is a combination of both Foundation and Practitioner.
Six Sigma is a methodology that identifies and analyze the result to a high quality degree as a way to reduce defects in products and services. It improves the products and services, reduces the waste and increases the customer satisfaction and thus ensuring the business growth. There are various levels that are labeled in the identical manner as that of martial arts certification grade such as a white belt, yellow belt, green belt, black belt and master black belt.
• White Belt: White Belts are executives or staff who have a very fundamental knowledge of process improvement.
• Yellow Belt: Yellow Belts are typically the members of a team with basic training in Six Sigma methodologies who focus on process area.
• Green Belt: Green Belts are distinct and highly valued for the functional knowledge they bring to the project team and feature strong understanding and skills associated with the methodology.
• Black Belt: Black Belts have a strong management ability and leadership to steer any team for executing the project in the company or organization.
• Master Black Belt: Master Black Belt is highest Six Sigma belt and most skilled practitioners of Six Sigma and are involved in leading the company’s Six Sigma program.
The author is associated with http://www.graspskills.com
. Graspskills provides Online and Classroom training for various courses in Management,Agile,IT and Other course.