The perception towards fashion and style once upon a time was just limited to female class. The concept of fashion, beauty, personal grooming, being conscious about the looks and appearance, specially was the approach by the female gender. The philosophy of fashion trends and its following in the society has crossed the gender boundaries extensively, as men have become more conscious than women about their dressing sense and want to groom themselves sensationally.
With the approaching high spirited occasions, men are all set to deck up themselves at their best, with a smart ethnic robe for the enthusiastic occasion. So, men out there get yourself ready to make some serious style notes and watch out for the fashion blunders you don’t want to make!
Here you go with the bullet shots of fashion errors to avoid and tips to correct them:
• UNGROOMED HAIR: One of the most important tip to go with is starting from your messy hair. Avoid going to the occasions when you don’t have a good hair day. Give your hair a perfect makeover, with a proper and smart haircut. I am talking here about those men too with beards, who need to give a clean & sophisticated shape to your face hair according to your beard style. Also avoid wearing too much hair products, such as the commonly used hair gel popular among men that come out to be a spiky and slimy kind of texture, which looks out to be shabby.
• STRONG COLOGNE: Take control of your cologne fragrance, as you don’t want to smell like you just got out of the pool of perfume. If you are not thinking about you, please think about the people around you who will suffer from the breathing issues. Keep your favorite spray very light and limited.
• LOADED JEWELRY: The jewelry term with respect to men, are the watch, bracelet, one ear pierce & neck chain or finger ring. Point to avoid here is that, make sure you keep your jewels restricted. Don’t overload yourself with too much of jewels hanging over your body which looks absolutely tacky. Try to limit your overall jewelry count to maximum 3 jewel pieces.
• WRINKLED VESTMENT: The thing that turns off with respect to men’s dressing is the wrinkled and miserable outfit. Don’t you dare to go out with such a condition of your attire. Iron your formal suit nicely till it’s totally wrinkle free and crisp, which would make you feel good about yourself and you stand out to be smart and sheer for the occasion.
• THE SKINTONE MATCHING FLAW: Another important point to be noted is choosing the right shade of clothing co-coordinating perfectly with your skin tone. You don’t want to be too loud or too dull looking for the occasion. If you have the skin tone that goes towards the darker side then opt for the shades which have deeper shades such as maroons & plums to brighter hues of mints or blues. If you have a very fair skin tone then you can go for the soft pastel shades.
• INCORRECT SELECTION OF THE KURTA: The trend of sassy kurta for men is being adored extensively during the festive occasions, but selecting the perfect kurta for your body type is an important aspect. Improper fitting and especially the length can totally ruin your entire look. While choosing the long kurta cut take care of the length which should end little below your calfs so that the bottom is visible. Choose your kurta which is simple, smart and sober in terms of the hand work, color and cuts that enhances your overall look.
• INAPROPRIATE STYLING OF JACKETS, SUITS AND SHAWLS: While you are planning to style yourself in a smart suit but you also think that throwing a shawl will look stunning then think for a while as you move forward with this dressing. The attire of jackets such as the nehru jacket is a kind of versatile robe than can pull of both ethnic and formal eternity and can be teamed with a kurta along the Churidar or Patiala , formal shirts with smart fitted trousers. When it comes to suits like the jodhpuri suits, it alone stands out stunning and it dosent need any extra element to add on it except with harmonizing accessories such as a contrast well aligned pocket square & cufflinks. Experimenting with the ethnic shawls is a little tricky affair. Let the shawl trend be coordinated with the kurta and Patiala or churidar bottom like the Kashmiri look that gives a bold and serious outlook.
• WRONG CHOICE OF CHURIDAR AND PATIALA: If you are preparing yourself to wear the striking kurta, keep a note of the bottoms and understand their difference when teaming it up with the proper kurta. Pair a longer kurta that ends little below your calf’s when pairing it with churidar bottom and you can team up a shorter kurta above your knees when pairing the Patiala or dhoti pants.
I hope the men out there had a good style study and you march your way presenting a perfect and impressive persona for the high spirited occasion.
“Samyakk” presents to you its exclusive range of edgy and groovy men’s wear collection of designer sherwani, indo-western suit & jodhpuri suit. Browse through the sequel and pick out your spectacular choice of the attire and standout absolutely striking for the eternity.
Sam Antwon is a B.Tech graduate in Fashion Technology, a fashion lover and provides information on latest trends in fashion. He has contributed several articles on men and women clothing like cotton silk saree, pure silk sarees, kurta for men, jodhpuri suits, designer sherwani, indo western suit etc https://www.samyakk.com/men-s-wear/kurtas