Give some tender loving care to your older furniture pieces in your house because natural wear and tear can take its toll on upholstery fabric and cushions, reducing both the beauty and comfort of old furniture. Reupholstering your furniture is a wonderful way to restore the original functionality and vitality of any piece.
The upholstery fabric chosen for your furniture should be able to accentuate the style of the furniture item and add to the overall ambiance of the room. There are lots of choices among upholstery fabrics and the most common choices are cotton, linen and a range of synthetic fibres.
However, often times, choosing the color of the upholstery fabric is usually the single biggest factor in fabric selection. While choosing the color is important, there are also other factors that warrant some serious considerations too.
1) New look– Choose new upholstery fabric that can transform and give a new look to an older piece of furniture into the perfect fit for your home's style and setting.
2) Improved comfort - Padding or cushions become less comfortable over the years as they lose their shape and elastic properties. Reupholstering furniture not only improves its aesthetics, but its comfort as well. After restoration, they'll become functional and comfortable furnishings you can use.
3) Appearance – After thorough cleaning and removing any spots or stains, you will be amazed how great your chairs and sofas can look. The brightness and gleam will return. Regular cleaning of your upholstery fabrics can keep the original colors looking like new.
4) Smell - Fabric is an odor absorber. This means that all of those people, pets, shoes, and anything else that may have sat on your furniture, most likely have left some odors behind. Get some professional upholstery cleaners to deodorize your furniture so that it leaves a refreshing smell.
5) Durability - When choosing upholstery fabric, you should be aware of its durability, whether it can be cleaned, and resistance to soil and fading. Consider fabric durability if your sofa will be placed in a high-traffic area of the home.
6) Allergen removal - Vacuuming and cleaning can remove allergens such as pet dander, soil, and dust that cause allergies and other respiratory problems. It results in a healthier home.
7)) Fabric Style - Each fabric has its own style, so choose one that will look good not only in your home but also on the sofa you are choosing. Some upholstery fabrics appear casual, while others look more formal.
8) Fabric Color - Color is the single most important reason people choose a fabric. To strike the right mood, consider the color temperature. Since warm and cool colors affect the mood of the room, make sure you are choosing the right upholstery fabric for the right mood.
9) Maintenance - Good quality upholstery fabric requires a professional cleaning service to maintain its beauty and comfort. Shape distortion and fabric color fading are some of the common post upholstery cleaning service problems.
For more information visit http://www.jiaxing.com.sg/upholstery-fabric-singapore.html
Jia Xing Furniture & Furnishings Pte Ltd is a Singapore based furniture manufacturer specializing in unique and custom-made furniture in both classic and modern styles. http://www.jiaxing.com.sg/