The "For Sale" sign is up. A "very popular" web site is available. How will you tell, though, if internet sites available for purchase are really worth the asking price?
If you've at any time purchased a house and/or land, you most likely have some knowledge of how to establish the worth of real estate property for sale. Even newbies can identify if a certain real estate is really over-priced.
Similar guidelines can, indeed, be implemented to internet sites available for purchase. Together with some savvy and also experience, you should be able to identify if a certain website is over-priced or a steal of a deal.
The real worth of an established internet site for sale needs to be evaluated on various fronts. Never purchase websites until you have taken into consideration all five of the following points:
1) PageRank: Page rank is an assessment of the popularity of a single web page by Google. Web pages have got a chance of ranking in between zero and ten, with ten being the highest possible value. The greater a webpage's position (especially a website's homepage), the more liked (and hence, valuable) the site will be.
Imagine PageRank as investing in a property in a very desirable location. The nicer and more popular the area, the more the home found in is going to be worth. When you invest in sites on the web, you will shell out more for a "desired" neighborhood
2) Traffic volume: No matter just how much eye-appeal a website may have or even what types of products it offers; in the event that website traffic volumes are poor, the internet site just isn't likely to be nearly as worthwhile. High traffic volumes, however, improve the overall worth of the online site.
3) Domain name: An online site with a domain name that is popular is going to fetch a higher selling price. Take notice: "popular" does not always indicate trendy. Website names that are very much alike, although spelled just a bit different compared to another high-traffic site, can be viewed as "well-known".
For example, the particular domain name www.brittneyspears.com could be worth a small fortune. It's not the official "Britney Spears" celebrity internet site, though a common enough misspelling that visitors are likely to stumble upon it mistakenly. Domain names of such a nature have incidental worth, the same manner a property available for purchase may be worth a lot more merely because it's next door to Britney Spears' house.
4) Domain era: This element is somewhat tied in with the value of a domain's name. Older domain names are usually deemed to be worth more than current, less recognized ones.
It is because the assumption is that an aged domain name will probably have quite a few back-links linked to it and will probably have been scanned and also indexed by all of the major search engines, quite possibly multiple times. Also, they are generally deemed much more valuable the more aged the domains are.
5) Sales producing: This would probably be a very powerful element whenever determining the value of websites on the market. Internet sites that produce positive cash-flow are valued at a lot more than the ones that don't. The more profitable an internet site may be, the more one should expect to spend.
Prior to buying websites on the internet, visit a website worth calculator. These resources will assess the worth of a website. All you have to do is type in the homepage URL of a given website. These particular calculators consider the above variables to be able to produce a number.
Don't forget, this figure isn't a hard-and-fast evaluation. Nonetheless, it will give you a starting point from which to begin performing your own appraisal and negotiation process when you purchase internet sites.