The Mbaka are a minority ethnic group in the Central African Republic and northwest Democratic Republic of the Congo. The M'Baka speak the Mbaka language and have a population of roughly 300,000.
The Mbakas speak Mbaka language, a Ubangian language. The Gilima variety is assigned to a separate ISO 639-3 code.
Famous Mbaka people
- Jean-Bédel Bokassa, former President and self-styled Emperor of Central African Republic
- David Dacko, First President of Central African Republic
- Barthélemy Boganda, First Prime Minister of Central African Republic
- Adamu Jamu Mbaka, Air Vice Marshall, Nigerian Airforce
- Pius Adamu Mbaka, Major, Nigerian Army
- Alex Jamu Mbaka, Major, Nigerian Army
- Koffi Olomide, Congolese singer